Personal Training Burlington
We know health, we know wellness, and we know fitness. We know how to make you a faster, stronger and a better athlete. We know how to put a program together that’s safe and effective, and will help you reach your goals with our Burlington personal training program.
Why is personal training at Elite Physiotherapy Clinic and Progressive Sports Performance different?
We offer a unique, private, judgement-free setting where you can safely and effectively work toward improving your health and wellness. Our professionals of certified trainers, Physiotherapists, and Physiotherapist Assistants, have a wide variety of expertise that allows us to help clients from all walks of life. Whether you have an old injury that has held you back from exercise, a medical condition that causes you apprehension about making changes to your health or an athlete looking to gain an edge over your competition – whatever your concern, Elite Physiotherapy Clinic or Progressive Sports Medicine is the place to help get you going again. All of our professionals work hand in hand, consulting on your progress and are available to address your individual needs along the way.
Benefits of a Personal Trainer
We all know that we should exercise, so why hire a professional to assist you along the way? Here are some great benefits of hiring a personal trainer.
- Personalized Workout: Personal trainers create a specific workout plan just for you based on the goals you want to achieve. This isn’t a one-size-fits-all workout routine you’d find in a book or magazine. The personalized plan is tailored to your goals, needs, and allowances for your current physical condition and medical background. He can make accommodations to the program if you have an injury, bad back or knees, or a medical condition.
- Instruction: A professional trainer teaches the proper way to perform each exercise movement in your routine. She demonstrates the movement, coaches you through it, and corrects any issues with your posture or technique. Learning how to perform exercises properly reduces your risk of injury and increases the movement’s efficacy. When you can perform a move the right way, it increases the likelihood that you’ll do it on your own at home or at the gym after your training sessions.
- Motivation and Accountability: Motivation is often difficult to maintain when you exercise on your own. Regular sessions with a personal trainer create accountability, which is a real motivator to not let down yourself or them. But there’s also something to be said for feeding that part of our brain that craves praise. Hearing a trainer celebrate your consistency, progress, or even proper technique can be a real boost when you feel like throwing in the towel.
- Variety: If your workouts have previously felt complacent, an experienced trainer ensures you won’t be bored anytime soon. They teach a variety of exercise methods, and with some trainers, no two sessions will look the same. Between machines, body weight exercises, free weights, and props like balls and straps, there’s no end to the combinations you could be working on. Trainers also help you to make adjustments as your fitness level improves to ensure continued progress; so you won’t plateau or feel stuck in the same old routine.
- Efficiency: Only have 30 minutes? An experienced personal trainer will make the most of your workout time, which increases the efficiency of your exercise program. This is especially beneficial when you have a limited amount of time to exercise. They’ll know how to optimize every minute you have available in the gym to get the biggest burn for your buck
Benefits of Exercise
Why should you consider regular exercise as part of your lifestyle? The better question is why wouldn’t you exercise?! The benefits of regular exercise on all aspects of health and wellness is well established in both the professional literature and anecdotal reports of countless professionals and participants worldwide. Here are a few to consider (source – mayoclinic.org):
- Exercise controls weight: This one is the most obvious, but has withstood the test of time. Want to make changes in your weight and how you look in a mirror? Then regular exercise is the way to go.
- Exercise combats and reduces your risk for chronic health conditions: Regular exercise helps prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, a number of types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
- Exercise can improve your mood: Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A gym session or brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed
- Exercise can boost your energy: Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores
- Exercise can improve your sleep: Struggling to snooze? Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to hit the hay.
Take advantage of a personal training program catered to you, designed to improve your health by reducing imbalances in the body, and based on functional strength training and corrective exercise. Our personal training programs allow us to identify, correct, and prevent musculoskeletal imbalances before they produce pain and injury while maximizing your performance gains.
We offer several different training options to better serve your needs. Contact Elite Physiotherapy Clinic or Progressive Sports Medicine at Burlington, ON to learn more.